内容正文:
英语 必修·第一册[外研版]
Period Ⅲ Developing ideas
High School Hints
高中生活建议
Interviewer: Hello and welcome to School Talk!
采访者:大家好,欢迎来到学校访谈!
Today I'm joined by a former student of our school, Lisa Osborne.
今天和我一起的是我们学校之前的一个学生,莉莎·奥斯本。
Lisa graduated from our school last June and is about to go to college in New York.
莉莎去年六月从我们学校毕业,即将去纽约上大学。
Lisa, thank you for coming to share your suggestions for high school with us.
莉莎,谢谢你来和我们分享你对高中生活的建议。
Lisa: Hi, everybody.I'm very glad to be back.
莉莎:嗨,大家好,我很高兴回来。
I feel as if high school was only yesterday!
我感觉高中生活好像就是昨天的事情一样!
词句自测
①graduate v.毕业
②“I feel as if ...”中,feel是系动词, as if引导表语从句, as if意为“犹如,好像”。
Interviewer: So what helped when you first started high school?
采访者:那么你刚上高中的时候,什么对你有帮助?
Lisa: Orientation Day was really helpful.
莉莎:迎新日真的很有帮助。
It's a fantastic opportunity for new students to get to know the school and the other students.
它对新生去了解学校和其他学生是一个绝佳的机会。
I even made some new friends!
我甚至交了一些新朋友!
Just keep an open mind and take part in as much as possible.
保持开放的心态,尽可能多地参与其中。
词句自测
③orientation n.(新工作或学习课程开始前一段时间的)培训,迎新
④Orientation_Day 迎新日
⑤opportunity n.机会,时机
Interviewer: That's sound advice for sure.
采访者:确实是个不错的建议。
But how did you deal with new challenges, like starting a new course?
但是你是如何应对新的挑战的,比如开始一门新的课程?
Lisa: I had a chemistry test right at the end of the first week.
莉莎:我正好在第一周结束时有个化学测验。
I was frightened at the sight of the test paper.
一看到试卷时,我就害怕了。
But then I figured I'd better just go all out and see what happens.
但随后我想我最好还是全力以赴,看看会发生什么。
If you fail, no problem—next time you can fail better!
如果你失败了,没关系——下次你(即使失败也)会有所进步。
词句自测
⑥frightened adj.受惊的,害怕的
⑦sight n.看到,看见
⑧figure v.认为,以为
⑨go_all_out 全力以赴,竭尽全力
⑩But then I figured I'd better just go all out and see what happens.中,figured后跟宾语从句,省略了引导词that;_go all out和see为并列谓语。
Interviewer: So, hold your head up, then.
采访者:所以,昂起你的头吧。
But life is not always easy.
但生活并不总是容易的。
You must have had some moments when you were disappointed.
你一定有过一些失望的时候。
If so, how did you deal with them?