内容正文:
外研社版高中英语新教材必修一Unit 3课文文本和翻译
Like Father, Like Son
有其父必有其子
(The living room. Friday night. A table and two chairs at front centre. Grandfather and Father, seated at the table, are playing chess.)
(起居室。周五晚上。舞台正前方有一张桌子和两把椅子。祖父和父亲正坐在桌边下棋。)
Grandfather:And...I win!
祖父:嗯……我赢了!
(Son enters room.)
(儿子进入房间。)
Father:Not again! Oh look, here comes my boy. How are you, son?
父亲:怎么又输了!哟,我的孩子来了。最近怎么样啊,儿子?
Son:(nervously approaching the table) Erm... Dad, can we talk?
儿子:(小心翼翼地走近桌子)呃……爸爸,我们能聊聊吗?
Father:Sure! You know you can always turn to your dad for a chat.
父亲:当然!你随时都可以找你老爸聊天啊。
Son:OK. Here it is. I’ve decided not to go to university. I want to focus on my band and have a career in music when I leave school.
儿子:好吧。是这样,我决定不上大学了。我想专注搞我的乐队,毕业后走音乐这条路。
Father:(raising his voice in surprise) You can’t be serious! What about your future career as a lawyer?!
父亲:(惊讶地提高声音说)你是在开玩笑吧!你不准备做律师了吗?!
Son:I knew you’d say that. You just assume I want to be a lawyer, but that’s only because you are a lawyer.
儿子:我就知道您会