内容正文:
Unit 4
Customer Service
words and expressions
英语3 基础模块
battery /ˈbætərɪ/ n. 电池 ,一组,一系列,
a battery of 一组;一连串的
They faced a battery of questions.
他们面临一连串的问题。
They told me I needed a new battery.
他们告诉我需要换新电池。
the mobile phone battery. 手机电池
2. inconvenience /ˌɪnkənˈviːnjəns/ n. 不便;麻烦
原文:We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
对给您带来的不便,我们深表歉意。
I’d like to express our sincere apology for the inconvenience due to our carelessness.
对于由于我们的疏忽给贵公司造成的不便,在此深表歉意。
convenient adj. 方便的,便利的
Convenience /kənˈviːniəns/ n.方便;便利;
Convenience store 便利店
3. complaint /kəmˈpleɪnt/ n. 抱怨;投诉
complaint about something 对…的不满
make a complaint 投诉
I'd like to make a complaint about the noise.
我要就噪音问题提出投诉。
原文 :I would like to make a complaint.我想投诉。
complain/kəmˈpleɪn/ v.抱怨;埋怨;发牢骚
I’m calling to complain about the terrible service you provided
at the restaurant.
我打电话来是想投诉你们在餐厅提供的糟糕服务。
4. charge /tʃɑːdʒ/ vt. 充电,控告;负责;
Before use, the battery must be charged.
电池使用前必须充电
in charge of 负责,主管
Send it to whoever is in charge of sales. 把这寄给负责销售的人。
原文: Even if I charge it for a whole night, it still doesn’t work.
即使充电一整晚也无济于事。
The staff who was in charge of the delivery put the wrong address sheet on the package and thus caused the problem.
负责投递的员工把邮寄地址贴错,导致了这次误投事件。
5. receipt /rɪˈsiːt/ n. 收据,接收;收到
Keep the receipt as proof of purchase.
保存收据,作为购物证明。
I'm going to make out a receipt for you.
我开一张收据给你。
原文:Would you please show me your receipt so that we can check whether it is still under guarantee?
您能出示一下发票吗?我们确认一下是否在保修期内。
receive v. 接收
6. guarantee /ˌɡærənˈtiː/ n. 保证;担保
be guaranteed to do sth 肯定会;必定会
If we try to keep it a secret, she's guaranteed to find out.
如果我们试图保密,她肯定会发现。
That kind of behaviour is guaranteed to make him angry.
那样的行为肯定会让他生气。
We guarantee to deliver your goods within a week.
我们保证一周内交货。
Success is not guaranteed.
无法担保肯定能成功。
7. check /tʃek/ vt. 检查;核对
check in (at…)(在旅馆、机场等)登记,报到
check out(,获得证明结账离开(旅馆等) 核实察看,
check over/thro