内容正文:
英语 必修·第二册[WY]
Period Ⅲ Developing ideas
Time for a Change?
改变的时候到了?
Social Insights
社会洞察力
A family dinner is an important tradition to celebrate Spring Festival.
团圆饭是庆祝春节的一个重要传统。
Nowadays, some people choose to have the dinner in a restaurant, but not everyone is keen on this idea.
现在,有些人选择在餐馆吃团圆饭,但不是每个人都喜欢这个想法。
What do our readers think?
我们的读者是怎么想的呢?
①insight n. 洞察力;眼光
Dear Editor,
亲爱的编辑,
We have eaten out for the Spring Festival family dinner for the last three years, and we have enjoyed it no less than eating at home.
在过去的三年里,我们都在外面吃春节团圆饭,和在家里吃得一样开心。
I don't understand why some people refuse to embrace the change.
我不明白为什么有些人拒绝接受改变。
②editor n. (报纸、杂志的)主编,编辑
③embrace v. 欣然接受,乐意采纳(新思想、意见等)
Can't they admit that the preparations for the dinner are hard work?
难道他们不承认准备团圆饭是件辛苦的工作吗?
I really don't think it's worth the effort of spending so much time preparing for a single meal, and then another hour cleaning up the mess after it's over.
我真的认为,单单一顿饭就要花那么多时间准备,结束后还要花一个小时来收拾残羹剩饭,这种做法是不值得的。
We work all year, so why can't one day be about spending time with family and relaxing?
我们一年都在工作,为什么不能有一天用来陪伴家人和放松呢?
④admit v. (不情愿地)承认
⑤effort n. 力气,精力
Eating out is a good choice and it has nothing to do with loss of traditions.
外出就餐是一个不错的选择,这与传统的丧失无关。
We still have the dinner with the same people, just in a different place.
我们仍然和同样的人一起吃团圆饭,只是在不同的地方。
The occasion is more enjoyable without all that tiring cooking, and the dishes taste better!
没有那些累人的烹饪,这个场合更愉快,而且菜的味道也更好!
⑥loss n. 失去,丧失
⑦occasion n. 场合,时刻
•In my opinion, what or where we eat on Spring Festival Eve really doesn't matter.
在我看来,除夕夜吃什么或者在哪里吃真的不重要。
•Eating out may change the form of this tradition, but the love between the family members sitting around the table together remains the same.
外出就餐可能会改变这一传统的形式,但围坐在一桌的家庭成员之间的爱仍然没有改变。
Wang Peng, software engineer
王鹏,软件工程师
⑧eve n. 前夕,前一天
⑨software n. (计算机)软件
⑩what or where we eat ... 为主语从句。
⑪sitting around ... the same为动词ing形式作定语,修饰名词the family members。
Dea